AID Austin meets every Sunday in the North Office Building (NOA), Room 1.110 on UT campus. The NOA building is at the intersection of Wichita and 27th street. Occasionally, we also broadcast our meetings over the web. You may want to check the calendar to find out the exact date, time, venue and the agenda for the weekly meetings. To know more about our meetings or to participate in our web meetings, please write to us at austin DOT aidindia AT gmail DOT com.
Based on your skills, interest and time available to you, you may decide to volunteer in one or more of the following activities. This list is just a sample and definitely non-comprehensive.
1. Project Support
- Be a project coordinator and work with a grassroots partner on sustainable development issues in India
- Work on a non-monetary aspect of the project to further the needs of the project (website design, research, data analysis, language translations, etc)
- Study an issue in depth related to an area of focus by our chapter and bring that knowledge to other volunteers via presentations in our weekly meeting
- Develop leadership and organization building skills working on projects
2. Run For India
Run for India is our most successful annual fundraiser. It is a great opportunity to experience the unique challenge of running long and medium distance races, while simultaneously raising funds for development in India. Run for India is for everyone, age or prior running experience no bar. If you want to train with the AID Austin running team, please write to austin DOT aidindia AT gmail DOT com.
3. Networking and Marketing
- Help us in our fund raising activities
- Networking with various like-minded organizations.
- Help us in putting up AID information tables in your college, company and other public events.
4. Spreading Awareness
- Be a part of social justice action in the Austin area related to India (see Campaigns). Help us in organizing different awareness events in the community.
- Develop tabling material for campaigns – put your creative juices to work!
- Write – Pen is mightier than a sword. AID works at the grassroots in different parts of India. We partner with hundreds of initiatives doing great work. Write about them and spread the word so that we spark off many more minds and similar initiatives.
- Spread the word about AID – There might be some of your friends waiting for an opportunity. Why not you show them a way. Spread the word about the activities of AID.
Travel to different AID projects whenever you visit India. Learn grassroot realities and evaluate projects. Bring those learning back to our local chapter meeting via presentations and discussions.